Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wet n Wild Juicy Lip Balm Review


I am a huge fan of all lips balms and if they smell good, taste good and are tinted well even better. I am in love with the whole Maybelline Baby Lips, and I love Covergirl Glossy Balms. I was looking through the Wet n Wild section of the drugstore and I spotted something I had never seen before. tinted lip balms or Juicy Lip Balm. The collection had for different colors in Raspberry, Strawberry, Watermelon, and Cherry. Because I have so many lip balms I only bought one, Raspberry 281C.



Packaging:
  • In a classic twist up lip balm tube. The cap is clear so you can see the product and the tube is white. The balm goes a little above where the white part of the tube ends. This means that if you don't put the cap on carefully you could nick the product and damage it. Overall the packaging is clunky and chunky and I'm not a huge fan. It wouldn't fit in your pocket easily it would make a big bulge or if your pockets are small it would fit at all. 

Product:
  • The lip balm is in raspberry and is color a deep purple. The balm has SPF 15 which is awesome! The product is thick, with one swipe could cover both of your top and bottom lip. The balm glides on smoothly the consistency is very glossy and thin. The pigmentation is pretty good it shows up very nice on my hand and on my lips. The balms smells amazing just like raspberry candy or skittles. Unfortunately the lip balm tastes awful. It gives your mouth a completely disgusting flavor, that is sour, and it doesn't go away no matter how much water you drink. 

Overall I wasn't happy with this lip balm but for 3 dollars I'm not really going to complain. If the taste wasn't so awful, I would be in love with this. I will try the other three colors just to see if the taste is only in the raspberry one. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment