Thursday, August 15, 2013

Own Renewing Dual Protecting Day Lotion (rave)


I have been revamping my skin care routine and I purchased a new moisturizer at the beginning of July. I have been using it everyday in the morning for three weeks trying and testing it out. Own Renewing is natural skin care company that is vegan, gluten free, doesn't test on animals, and has no GMO's. The company is a anti-aging skin care line, but really it is just all round good products. They say that you can never start taking care of your skin too early. You can find Own Renewing products in Ulta, DuaneRead, Whole Foods, etc. The company is based out of San Fransisco bay area.




The moisturizer has SPF 30 which is great for a face lotion. It contains active ingredients 11% Zinc Oxide, 1.5% Titanium Dioxide. These ingredients produce a physical sunscreen, or inorganic sunscreen. Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide can cause a white cast, and may break out some peoples skin. If you have sensitive skin test this product on your hand first before applying on your face and neck.

Packaging:
  • The product comes in a tube with a large metal cap that is flat. The product can stand by itself and is very stable on a counter top. It is dispensed by a pump, that is easy to control and doesn't give you too much lotion. The moisturizer comes in a box, that you have to open before you get to the tube. The tube contains 1.7 (50 ml) fl oz of lotion so more than your classic foundation which is 1 fl oz. 

Application:
  • The consistency of the lotion seems to be thin went first dispensed but when rub into the skin it becomes thick and clumps together. Though it does clump it isn't hard to rub it over your whole face evenly and easily. It soaks in to your skin pretty fast, but I wouldn't apply any makeup immediately after. I like to do my eye makeup first then apply foundation or other face products. To cover my whole face and neck I use two pumps sometimes three. 

Scent:
  • The moisturizer has no purposeful scent, but it does smell like sunscreen. I only smell it when it is on my fingers but leaves no scent on the face when it soaks in. I would consider this an unscented product.  
Price:
  • This isn't a cheap drugstore product. It costs around 23 dollars depending where you are. Online it costs $22.99. It defiantly isn't super affordable but for SPF 30 I think that it is worth it to pay a little bit more for a good product. 
Overall this lotion sits nicely under makeup, and makes my skin feel and look good. The only thing I would change is the clumps that form when you rub it on your skin. This is a good moisturizer and I defiantly want to repurchase it when I run out. Own Renewing makes a whole line of skin care products, I want to try more of them. I am very interested in their night cream and their Firming Silk Concentrate. If you want to pick up Own Renewing products here is the link for their website

Own Renewing

No comments:

Post a Comment