Thursday, August 22, 2013

Shea Mositure Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Shampoo (review)

I usually don't use traditional shampoo to wash my hair, I like to co-wash with conditioner. I wanted to start using and trying out cleansing creams and sulfate free shampoos. With that in mind I went to the drugstore a while back and I purchase Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus shampoo. Shea Moisture is a great brand I love their Coconut and Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk, so I figured that I would like their shampoo. The shampoo is no sulfates, parabens, phthalates, paraffin, gluten, propylene glycol, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, PABA, synthetic color, DEA, animal testing. Basically this stuff has no bad stuff in it, and is advertised on the packaging to be THE BOMB.





Quick Thoughts
I like this shampoo, is cleans my hair, doesn't dry it out too much and it smells AMAZING. When I look at the ingredients of this product it almost has nothing bad it in. I understand and know what all the ingredients are which is rare for a hair product. The products contains some of my favorite smells and ingredients like, coconut oil, and a variety of seed oils.


Packaging
The bottle is rounded cylinder with a pop to open cap. The plastic is thick, durable but does have a little bit of give. The bottle is small enough that it would be good to travel with and it wouldn't crack inside your suitcase. The bottles holds 13 fl oz which is average sive for a shampoo. It is surprising how small the bottle is for the amount of product you are given.

Formula
I really like the formula of this shampoo. It is a liuqid like a classic shampoo but the consistency is a very thick gel. This is a motorizing shampoo, but it also lathers a lot. I love lathering up my hair so this shampoo is very satisfying but, not drying. This doesn't leave your hair with a residue, but it will make your hair kind of clump together if it is knotty.


Final Thoughts
This shampoo is a high quality product and way better than other drugstore sulfate shampoos that I have tried like the Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy shampoo. I have used this shampoo three times a week ( in addition to co-washing other days) and I still have so much left. This product is going to last me a long time. It retails for $10, so you can't beat the price. The only thing I would change is the consistency I wish it was a light cream rather than a gel.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment