Sunday, August 4, 2013

NYX Natural 6 Shadow Palette

I was shopping my makeup stash when I came across this little NYX palette. In NYC there aren't a ton of places to buy NYX cosmetics. For a long time the only place that I ever found it was at Rickey's. Some what recently Urban Outfitters started selling a ton of NYX products which is awesome. Urban Outfitters locations are all over the city, and there is one right near my house in Brooklyn. Now for the first time NYX products are available and easily obtainable. I was in line to pay for my items and I got trapped by the little boxes of products and trinkets that surround the check out area. As I was waiting and searching through the bins of products I came across this small eyeshadow palette called Natural. Since I am a sucker for neutral eyeshadow shades of course I bought it.

The NYX Natural palette comes with six shadows and there is also an alternative version called smokey. The palette retails of 7 dollars so you are paying about a 1.15$ per eyeshadow, not a bad deal if I say so my self. The shadows contain mineral oil and talc which is kind of disappointing but, the palette is cruelty free so I guess I can get mad over the ingredients.

Colors (they don't have names on the packaging :-( so I made them up)
  1. light creamy vanilla color in a matt finish
  2. golden champage with gold glitter
  3. mid toned salmon in a matt finish
  4. light tan bronze with a satin finish
  5. medium taupe brown with small flecks of silver glitter in a satin finish
  6. dark grey brown in a matt finish 

All together you get three matt shadows (a highlight, all over lid color and a contour), 2 satin finish bronze colors, and one shimmery glitter color.

Pigmentation
  1.  The vanilla color is very sheer but, smooth and buttery 
  2.  gold glitter color is utterly useless, the gillter goes everywhere and the shadow has no pigmentation this is my least favorite color in the palette 
  3. the salmon color like the Vanilla is very sheer but, can be built up for more pigmentation 
  4. tan bronze color has a little more pigmination than the others but it is still sheer
  5. the taupe brown is nicely pigmented, but definitely could be more intense. This is my favorite from the palette
  6. the grey brown is the most pigmented shadow in the palette but takes time to blend out nicely
Packaging
I would give NYX an A+ for the packaging. The case is easy to open but stays closed. The lid is thick, sturdy clear plastic that doesn't have any give. You could definitely throw this in your purse and not worry about the shadows cracking. The palette comes with a double sided sponge applicator, standard and useless.

These shadows give a very natural minimal look, they aren't anywhere near the amaze-ball-ness of the Naked Palettes. Now matter what, with these shadows you are going get a sheer look. You can build things up, and try to intensify them with the matt brown but otherwise that is it. I can't really complain because it was only seven dollars so I didn't break the bank for them. If you want to have a fuller look with this palette you need to use a colored base. I would suggest Mac's Paint Pot in Painterly, Color Tattoo Barely Branded, or Color Tattoo Bad to the Bronze.




No comments:

Post a Comment