Saturday, August 24, 2013

NYX The Curve Liner (review)

I was recently given a gift and it was the NYX The Curve Liner. The Curve Liner is your average liquid liner but, hold on it has a HUGE handle. The thing that sets this liner apart from other liners is the special handle. The Curve liner is designed to make application easier by giving you a steady hand and grip.
 

 As you can see this liner has a chunky handle that is curved to the contours of your hand. The handle definitely is comfortable and fits nicely in my hand. Do I love the handle. . . no. Could I live without the handle. . . yes. I have mixed feelings because I do think that the handle does make application somewhat easier but, it isn't a necessity. What I dislike most is the bulky packaging is that it is big. This is a big eyeliner that takes up tons of space. I don't have a good place to store it, and it doesn't fit into a small makeup bag with ease.


The Curve Liner is a felt-tip liquid liner, standard and classic. The tip is very thin, you can get a very dainty line pretty effortlessly with this liner. The pigmentation is what stands out; the formula is opaque and you don't need to swipe it across your lid multiple times to get a solid deep black line.  The formula isn't watery and it doesn't run when you apply it, or instantly settle into the creases of your lid. It also dries fast, and you don't need to wait around for it to set.


I'm still a little torn about the staying power of this liner. I tested it on my hand and it lasted all day; it didn't crack, rub off at the corners or fade. On my eyes this didn't wear as nicely. When first applied it looked great, super black, and smooth. I have oily eyelids and even on days where I only use liner, I have to still prime my eyes. I didn't prime, and this did fade on me after 8 hours. I think that when I use this I need a primer, to keep the color intensity, and to keep it from cracking. If you have dryer eyelids this will most likely work very well for you. 



Final Thoughts
I really don't know with this liner. I like it, but I don't like it. Overall NYX isn't the most convenient brand for me to purchase. Because this was a gift I didn't know how much it cost and when I Googled it I saw that it retails for $15. For a so so product I think that 15 is was too much to spend. I don't see me buying this in the future. The formula just isn't good enough to allow me to spend extra on it. Will I use it? Yes I will use it, because it is a decent liner.

No comments:

Post a Comment