Sunday, August 11, 2013

Skin Care and My Skin Type




Skin Care 
Skin Type/Problems:
My Skin is a work in progress, I am trying to create a better day and night routine to reduce my acne and my blackheads. I have combination skin to oily skin mostly around my nose and chin area. I tend to have dry patches on my nose during the winter or when I don't moisturize and exfoliate regularly. I have cystic acne that appears around that time of the month and when I am under stress. I get pimples on my forehead, chin and jaw. I also have blackheads on my nose, chin and forehead.

Day Routine:
  • Face Wash: St. Ives Apricot Scrub (used in the shower) 
  • Serum: Olay Age Defying 2 in 1 Day Cream + Serum 
  • Moisturizer: Garnier Gel-Cream, Aveeno Daily Moisturizer, Own Bioactive Day Moisturizer
 Night Routine: 
  • Makeup Remover: Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover 
  • Face Wash: Oil Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub
  • Acne Med: Epiduo Gel
Right now I am looking for a good night moisturizer, and a good day moisturizer. I want a night moisturizer that is thick but doesn't make my skin feel like a grease ball when I wake up in the morning. I would like a day moisturizer that is good under makeup, and has lots of SPF and doesn't take too long to settle into my skin.  Overall my skin routine is still a work in progress. Anyone have some suggestions? 

2 comments:

  1. If you want a very light moisturizer, try Simple. It's super light, works well under makeup and is good for pretty much any skin type. The only downside is no SPF.

    Also, I absolutely swear by Noxema, which is so 1950s but seriously the only face wash that works with my skin. I bring a stash from the US to the UK (where I live), and if I run out and have to use a different one I will get spots within a few days. I have dry, sensitive skin so it may not be the same for you but if you are trying new things I would highly recommend it. I use it in the morning, and the menthol also helps wake me up. It's also great for sunburns because of its cooling qualities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I have never heard of Noxema but I will definitely look into it. Thanks for the suggestion. I have been wanting to try simple for a while now but, just haven't gone around to it.

      Thanks for all the lovely suggestions!

      Delete