Friday, July 19, 2013

Urban Decay Primer Potion

Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden 
 

Up in till I bought my Naked 1 pallet (that came with a mini primer potion in Original) from Urban Decay I had never really used an eyeshadow primer. I always just used a cream eyeshadow as a base to prevent fall out and make them stay put during the day. But, since I’ve been using the mini primer potion I have really liked it. The travel size primer comes in a hard plastic tube that can stand on its own, a twist off top with a doe-foot applicator. I really like the packaging of the travel size, but the big size comes in a squeeze tube. Last week or so I noticed that I was running out of the sample so I went to sephora to pick up the full size. Which is saying a lot for me since I try not to buy products that i could easily get cheaper versions of, and I don’t like the normal size packaging. But, I really liked the product so I went to buy a new one. The sephora in Rome unfortunately didn’t have the product in the Original formula instead they had the three other shades, in Eden, Sin, and Greed. Eden is a light skin/flesh tone (matt), sin is a light pinky champagne color (same as the UD eyeshadow), and greed is a medium golden tone with sparkle. The idea of the colored ones is that they can be used as base as well as a primer so like two products in one
I ended up buying Eden which I like and works well but I find that as bases go it is pretty weak. It by no means has the consistency of a mac paint pot, or a Maybelle color tattoo. The product is definitely the primer, and thought has some color pay off really it just evens out the color of my eyelid. The original formula and the Eden formula are really the same product. I find them to be interchangeable. But, this might because of my light skin tone. Really urban decay should make another formula like Eden in a dark shade of deeper skin tones.
the primer costs 20 dollars and contains 11 ml of product.
It is a little pricey for not a lot of product but a little goes a long way. I don’t know whither i will re-purchase it after I run out. But, for now I am glad I bought it. Especially because the weather is getting a lot warmer and my skin is becoming oilier.
Go buy it yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment