Friday, July 19, 2013

The Balms Nude Tude


This is a lovely photo of one of my first big makeup purchases and it is the The Balms Nude’tude pallet. This is The Balms response i guess to the Naked UD pallet craze that has been going on the for the past few years. This a great pallet that I love but have recently put down since I bought my Naked one pallet. It has the CUTEST packaging that I have ever seen as do many of The Balms products usually do. I have seen a lot of youtube videos comparing and contrasting this to the Naked Pallet which I think is unfair. The Nude’tude pallet like the Naked both have the same neutral eyeshadow color range going on but they are not the same or can be replaced for the other. The Nude’tude pallet has more brighter color range, with the brighter pinks, the snow white, cranberry color, and the yellow gold color. I really wouldn’t say that any of these colors are dupes for the UD pallet or comparable. The colors more are a great addition in your neutrals collection with your Naked Pallet. Here is a list of the colors.
Top Row
  1. Sassy
  2. Stubborn
  3. Selfish
  4. sophisticated
  5. sexy
  6. serious
Bottom Row
  1. Snobby
  2. Stand-offish
  3. sultry
  4. seductive
  5. silly
  6. sleek
The color range in this pallet are great is have some great lighter colors like stand-offish, snobby, stubborn, and seductive. It has a mat brown sultry but it is quit light. It also has some darker colors like sleek, serious and sophisticated. Then it has some grab bag colors that I love like selfish which is a taup and sexy the cranberry. It also has a highlight color Sassy a frosty white which is too frosty and bright for my tastes but can be nice in the inner corner from time to time. However I would never put it on my brow-bone. The pallet has a huge mirror which is great for travel, and a firm magnetic closing. It also came with a super flimsy dubble ended brush that I would never use but still an up grade form the useless sponge tip common in drug-store palettes. The Shadows in the pallet are a little small but they are full size shadows for The Balm so can’t really get angry at that. The Shadows are butter and have an amazing texture, they are so so so smooth. I love this pallet but, be warned if you don’t like sparkly glittery, or frosty shadows this is not the pallet for you. It only contains one mat shadow in a light brown (sultry). It has an second mat shade in a dark brown border line black (sleek) but, it does have some specks of glitter in it. The same half mat look is for the cranberry color (sexy). The texture and finish however are completely mat on the lid, but has some sparkle in the pan. I would count this as a mat shade but die hard mat fans might not. If you would really like to try something from The Balm but are looking for mat shadows I would suggest their Meet Matt(e) pallet which contains all matt(e) shades. 
Here is a run down of the pros and cons
Pros
  • 12 full size shadows (.382 oz)
  • good color selection overall with a few less common colors such as sexy
  • large mirror for on the go practical application
  • not to expensive around 38 dollars (I bought it in Euros so check me on that)
  • good colors pay off
  • awesome shadow texture so smooth buttery, hardly any fall out
  • doesn’t really need a primer (but will help if there is any fall out)
  • the packing is great and so cute with the pin up girls
Cons
  • Doesn’t come with a mat black
  • has only one true mat color in Sultry a light down
  • the highlight color is a super bright and frosty white shade in Sassy
  • the included brush is totally useless
  • the pallet is a little bit wide, doesn’t always fit into my makeup bag easily when traveling
  • all but one of the shadows contain flecks of glitter in them and pretty large flecks in stand-offish, silly, sophisticated, and  snobby. so that is four out of the 12
That pretty much wraps it up. I love this pallet it complements my collect really nicely However if all my makeup disappeared I don’t think i would run out and buy this one again. It is great and I love having it but not a total I must have this or I will die sort of product. So final statements love this great quality shadows, and a great addition to a starts collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment