Friday, July 19, 2013

Maybelline New York Baby Lips Electro















I am a lip balm lover and basically a lip balm hoarder. I always have at least two baby lips in my bag at all times. I love the sheer wash of color that they give, and they smell so so good. I also find that they last a long time, even when I am reapplying over 10 tens a day. I have had Quench (comes in the blue tube) for about a year now and I still have some left.
They come in a basic twist up, hard plastic packaging with a clear cap. The product contains .15 OZ (4.4g). The whole limited edition collection contains 6 new colors; Pink Shock, Fierce and Tangy, Berry Bomb, Oh Orange, Minty Sheer, Strike a Rose. On the front cardboard packaging Maybelline claims 8hr moisture and that it contains shea butter and vitamin E. On the back of the packaging Maybelline makes some pretty big claims, that after one week of use test subjects experienced
·      88% had smoother lips
·      82% had less dry lips
·      70% had suppler lips
·      83% had better looking lips
As for myself I would say that though I really do love this product it doesn’t really improve your lips too much. It is your average lip balm, and doesn’t perform miracles.
This limited collection has been pretty hard to find, I went to three drug stores and only one of them even had the display. On top of that when I finally did find a store that sold it, only Fierce and Tangy was in stock. Fierce and Tangy is an electric/neon yellow that appears clear on the lips. The smell is mouthwatering and reminds me of sour candy.  Unfortunately it doesn’t taste like it smells, in fact it virtually has no taste at all. The balm has a firmer and smoother feel than the original baby lips line, but looks exactly the same on the lips. I definitely will continue my search for more Baby Lips Electro.

No comments:

Post a Comment