Friday, July 19, 2013

Maybelline New York Color Tattoo Pure Pigments


Maybelline Color Tattoo line has come out with a collection of long lasting, pigments. I am a huge fan of the color tattoo shadow pots, and so I was pretty excited to test out this new line. The collection contains 12 long lasting loose pigment eye shadows in a range of neutral to bright colors. Maybelline claims that these shadows
“Intense pure pigments in our crease-proof, longwearing formula create explosive color for wear up to 24HR.” (Maybelline.com).
That is a pretty big claim for a powder eye shadow. I purchased two colors from the collection and surprise, surprise they are neutrals. I picked up 60 in Buff & Tuff, and 55 in Barely Brazen.
Buff & Tuff:
Is a light pink, pearly color that shimmers, but also contains specks of gold glitter. The consistency is smooth, and sheer. I find that I like to use this best with a small blush brush and apply to the tops of my cheekbones for a highlighter. On my cheeks it doesn’t have the best staying power. After a few hours and a lot of sweat it fades/melts away with my foundation. However this might be a totally different story in the winter. On the eyes I find it to be really nice. I prime my eyes, and then apply it all over for an easy effortless look. If I really want to make it pop I will layer it over my Color Tattoo in Barely Branded.
Barely Brazen:
This is a light pinky brown color that is matt with flecks of gold glitter. I like to use this in the crease or outer V of my eyelid. I like to pair it with my Barely Branded Color Tattoo or Buff & Tuff pigment. The color isn’t too sheer or too overly pigmented where it is difficult to apply. It gives a very natural finish; the glitter isn’t too over bearing


I really like using these shadows but, they aren’t super pigmented and rich like they are advertised but that is just the colors that I purchased. I definitely will continue to use them, and buy more from the collection

No comments:

Post a Comment