Friday, July 19, 2013

Dream Bouncy vs. Jordana


 
During the summer, I really enjoy using bright and intense blush colors. One of my favorites is the Dream Bouncy blush from Maybelline in Hot Tamale. Hot Tamale is a deep pink color (kind of too intense in the packaging) that when blended out looks very natural. It is a boarderline red pink, and a light magenta. 
The Dream Bouncy blushes are a cream to powder product. The texture is light and airy, it is almost squishy in the compact. The compact contains .19 OZ (5.6g) and is made out of plastic. It retails for around 8 to 9 dollars depending on where you are buying it. The Dream Bouncy line comes in a wide variety of colors but I find that Hot Tamale is my favorite for its pigmentation.
My only problem with the Dream Bouncy blush is the price. As blushes go it is pretty expensive for the drugstore. I also find the texture to be a little hard to work with. Getting the right amount of product on to your finger is a challenge. I either press to lightly and it takes me ten minuets to build up enough color, or I press to hard and extract way too much. Over all it is just not the easiest product to apply.
I was strolling around the drugstore, and I was browsing through the Jordana rack when I saw their cheek tint blush stick shade. The product is a fat and short twisty tube with a stick of blush. It reminds me of the Nars convertible color sticks. The color I bought is number 04 in Coral Touch. I was playing around with it when I realized that is a exact dupe for Hot Tamale. But with better packaging, and a smoother glossier texture that also dries to a powder. The only difference is that the Jordana cheek tint has small flecks of gold glitter. But when applied to the cheek the glitter is invisible. In fact I didn’t even notice the glitter till I was really looking at the product up close in the stick.
The Jordana cheek tint, contains .21 OZ and retails for about 3 to 4 dollars. So you get more product than the Dream Bouncy blush, and it is a fraction of the price. Overall I would say the the Jordana cheek tint in Coral Touch is a home run product. I will however keep testing it out, and see if it long lasting, and continues to wear as well as it does when first applied.

No comments:

Post a Comment