Friday, July 19, 2013

My Urban Decay Naked Pallet

image
Hey so I know that I am totally late for this cult favorite but I just bought it a few weeks ago. I can say that I am truly aware of why it has such a huge following. Because it is amazing! There are of course a few things that I don’t like about it but I will go over the pros and cons a little bit later. Currently the colors that I can no longer live with out (sorry for my horrible color description)  sin*, which is a smooth metallic like finish in a lovely light pink color (very reflective), sidecar*  which has a metallic finish and is a taupe with a light bronze but also kinda of pink undertone, and toasted* which is a dark amber bronze color and is semi metallic. As you can see I love metallic like colors but, what is great with all of these three that you can wear then all over the lid and blend it out and don’t need a crease color. Just use virgin the lightest color in the pallet for the inner corners and brow bone.  However that said the color toasted I do find to not be as buttery as some of the other shadows it can be a little dusty when you put your brush on it. I am aware that half baked the gold color in the pallet by it self is a UD cult favorite shadow but I don’t really get the hype. It is just a really pretty gold color, which is great but nothing special or amazing to rave about. Which takes me to the claim that when ever I would talk to someone about urban decay shadows they would always rave about the smooth and buttery-ness of them. And, after having this pallet I don’t really get it. They have great color pay off and 95% of the time go smoothly on the lid but they are a little dusty in the pan and don’t have that silky feel to them like I was expecting. But other wise the pallet is so worth the 50 bucks, mostly because it comes with a little primer potion bottle so that is a great bonus to me. The pallet also comes with the good Karma brush which I am joining the masses and saying was a huge disappointment. The brush in no way shape or form is a shader brush, however it does work as a decent concealer brush. The brush is well made and none of the bristles ever fall out but, seriously UD how could you think that it is a eye shadow brush.
Now to the serious pros and cons
pros:
  • It has a great neutral color selection for every day where but has color to darken things up for night
  • has two mat browns a light one and a darker one
  • nice sleek packaging good for traveling, with a space of a decent size eye brush.
  • shadows have great color pay off bright and vibrant, especially when used with a base.
  • has full size shadows 1.3g
Cons
  • Some of the shadows are a little flaky or dusty
  • only has no mat black for a liner or a dark enough brow that i also would use to set a liner
  • came with a really crappy brush (this is easy to look past)
  • comes with the small mirror not practical for acutal makeup application
  • magnetic closer so can be open easily if in a purse (but in a travel nothing to worry about)
  • the velvet outside does get dirty very quickly and the gold NAKED lettering on the front does seem to fade over time
Ok, so that pretty much wraps that whole pallet up. The Urban Decay Naked 1 pallet is a great purchase and was so worth it. But every rose has its thorn, so of course it does have few flaws. But, those flaws to differ from person to person so if you are a makeup beginner and are thinking of buying it I would say GO FOR IT. It is a great way to have a collection of practical shadows all in one place that are good quality. As some one who is pretty cheap with their makeup this pallet is a good investment and not just a over priced item that will sit in your bathroom for eternity.
here is a color order from left to right
  1. virgin
  2. sin*
  3. Naked
  4. Sidecar*
  5. buck
  6. half baked
  7. smog
  8. Darkhorse
  9. toasted*
  10. hustle
  11. creep
  12. gunmetal
If you want a better look at the colors just google them because there are a million different swatches online. I also lost my camera charger and wouldn’t be able to take a picture of it.
*photo taken from the Urban Decay website

No comments:

Post a Comment