Monday, September 23, 2013

Revlon Brow Fantasy Review (rave)

I pretty much use all types of makeup products and it wasn't until a few months ago that I started to fill in my brows. For a while I tried different shadows but they were too light or some shadows were too dark. Everything made my brows just look fake and too thick. I tried pencils but I couldn't get light enough strokes for it to look seamless. However my sister purchased the Revlon Brow Fantasy pencil/gel duo but never really used it. She left it at home when she went off to collage and I tried it out.  And to my surprise it was a really good and so easy to use.


Revlon Brown Fantasy in Brunette
The Brow Fanstasy is a dual sided pencil. Labeled with step 1 to fill in your brows with the pencil and then step 2 to set them with the tinted brow gel. The pencil has a waxy texture that sticks well to the brow hairs and blends in nicely. You don't have to press down too hard for color to appear. It has the perfect pigmentation, just enough to fill in the gaps but not to much that it over powers your natural brow color.  
pencil side: step 1
The brow gel is lightly pigmented it fills in the gaps and sets your brows so they don't move around too much. If you didn't want to take the time you could only use the gel to make your brows all pretty. The spoolie is very small and you can easily manipulate it to get the best angle for application. The gel has a very wet consistency and extra gel comes off on the tip when you pop it out of the tube. I like to wipe the extra goop on a tissue or on the side of the tube.

spoolie step 2 gel
I like to fill in my brows by making small wispy strokes with the pencil just placing it where my natrual brow hairs are sparse. For me that is where my brows start at the bridge of my nose, and at the top where the arch is. 
Natural Brow
After I have filled in some of the spaces I like to run through my brows with a clean spoolie so that the pencil looks a little bit more natural. By brushing through them the pencil gets distributed a little more evenly and not so stiff looking.


The finished brow should look a little bit more fuller and darker. My arches also become even and the shape becomes straighter. My brows don't ever really grow in the shape I want to. By slightly reshaping I can get a better shape and look.

finished product
As you can see the changes are subtle but they are fuller. The beginning point near the bridge of my nose is thicker and darker while the arch has been evened out.


The Revlon Brow Fantasy comes in four different colors and prices can vary from 7 to 9 dollars. Overall this is a great product and has become staple in my everyday makeup routine.





No comments:

Post a Comment