Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Revlon PhotoReady Kajal Intense Eye Liner + Brightener

Went to the drug store and these pencils were on display and they caught my eye because of the neutral skin color. I am not a fan of using white eyeliner in the water line, I think it is too harsh looking. I was intrigued by the beige highlight side, and the dark color on the other. I purchased two liners in Emerald Empire, and Purple Reign. 



As you can see it is a basic pencil liner, that is double ended. The caps correspond to the liner color for easy recognition. 


These pencils are highly pigmented and have nice color pay off. The nude sides aren't invisible colors, they show up on even the palest of skin tones. These aren't waterproof pencils so the staying power is lacking. On the upper lash line, they are fine, not outstanding, but fine. In the water line, well that is a different story. The nude colors will last 2-3 hours in the water line. I suggest taking the color down on the lower lash line for a better staying power. 

Top: Emerald Empire, Bottom: Purple Reign
The nude color for Emerald Empire is a olive yellow tone nude. It is almost golden but is completely matte. I like this color a lot, it shows up on my skin and blends in nicely. The Purple Reign nude color is an off-white with pinky undertones. I like to use this as an inner corner highlight or on the brow bone.

Top: Purple Reign, Bottom: Emerald Empire
Both of the colors are jewel tones. A deep purple, and a rich forest green. These colors are dark enough that I feel comfortable wearing them on an everyday basis. I like putting these on my upper lash line very thinly. The purple really compliments my brown eyes. I'm not crazy about the emerald but I still like it. 

The consistency of these pencils is stiff. They do draw on smoothly, but they don't glide. They are a little harsh on the lids and pull them a bit. I would suggest warming the tip up on your hand first then, applying the color to your lids. They do apply nicely on the water line with barely any tugging. Overall I am happy with these pencils. But, I have a few problems (not being water proof, stiff consistency). You can pick these up at drugstore for 9 dollars. The whole collection contains 4 double ended pencils so you have lots of color to choose from. 


No comments:

Post a Comment