Monday, September 16, 2013

Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque (review)



When I went to Rickies to pick up some Miss Jessie's products, and I also purchased this hair masque because my hair has been so dry lately. Like all Shea Moisturize products it is free of sulfates, parabens, phthalates, paraffin, gluten, propylene glycol, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, PABA, synthetic color, DEA, animal ingredients.



The masque contains sea kelp, and of course Shea butter. I looked at the ingredient list and literally there is nothing bad In this hair masque. It is filled with natural flower extracts, essential oils, and proteins. Because it doesn't contain added fragrance it does smell pretty funky. The scent of the sea kelp is really strong, it lingers in your hair even after you rinse it out. If you are sensitive to smell I wouldn't suggest that you pick up this product. I don't like the smell, but it also doesn't really bother me. 


The consistency of the masque is pretty liquidy for a deep conditioning masque. Because of its thin texture I accidentally applied too much and my hair became a tad goopy. 


The directions on the tub say to apply the conditioner in your hair and let it soak in for 5 minutes. The other option they suggest is to apply it, then put your hair in a shower cap and apply moderate heat for 30 minuets. I did a mixture of the two I applied it while in the shower, put my hair in a bun and let it sit for the rest of my shower. When I was done washing my body and face, I took my bun out and combed out my hair. I let the masque sit for a few more minutes then washed it out. 



After I got out of the shower and dried hair it felt smoother and more silky. I wouldn't use this product everyday because of the smell, but once a week should do the trick. I purchased this hair treatment for about 13 dollars. The tub contains 12 oz of product, a decent amount for the price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment