Friday, September 20, 2013

Easy Eyes With Maybelline Color Tattoos

School has started I no longer have 30 minutes to leisurely my makeup anymore. I know, sad faces all around. Taking my time, and doing my makeup is so relaxing for me. Just to sit down at my desk, pay attention to my face, and apply products is very cathartic. But, when I am rushing to get to school I need quick makeup fixes to get me out of the door. So here is my quick and easy eye look, it should take you just a few minutes to do, and the best part NO brushes needed!




 For this eye look you will need some cream eyeshadows. Two colors are best, but you would also use one and just build up the color in certain places. I like to use Maybelline Color Tattoos because they are long lasting, pigmented, and just over all amazing. My favorite combination is Bad To The Bronze, and Barely Brazen. I am aware that Barely Brazen, was limited edition and was part of The Metal Collection but I still see it in drugstores near me all the time. If you can't find Barely Brazen you could use Bold Gold instead because it is part of the original collection.

Bad to the Bronze, Barely Brazen



****Maybelline Color Tattoos are made to be long wearing shadows that have 24 hour staying power. But, I have really oily eyelids, so I like to use an eyeshadow primer before I apply any cream eye product. If you don't have oily eyelids then just skip the primer*****

swatches without primer

Steps

1. Apply Barely Brazen All Over the lid, don't blend into the crease

2. Apply Bad to the Bronze to the upper outer corner

3. Blend Bad to the Bronze along the crease using your fingers

4. Continue blending and retouch the Barely Branded to add intensity if the color got blended into the bronze

If you have a particularly long day, and you want to make sure that your shadows stay vibrant  and creaseless, then take a bronze, and peachy golden powder shadows and set your cream shadows. You could use Smog/Dark Horse from the Naked 1 Palette to set Bad to the Bronze, and a combination of Sin/Half Baked for Barely Brazen. Or if you don't want to set your cream products just use a eyeshadow primer before application. A side note is that I find Barely Brazen to have a very creamy and more slippery texture, while Bad to the Bronze is more dry and a little less creamy. Don't press too hard on the Bad to the Bronze because you will get clumps on your finger preventing you from getting a smooth even application.

If you decided to do this look with one color, then deepen the color in the outer lid area and crease. Keep the center and inner third of the lid more blended giving it a lighter shade. Bad To The Bronze is a very multidimensional and can be contoured easily by itself. This look should be seamless, and brightening with barely any effort or time. Don't think about it too much, just blend with your fingers. Don't worry about perfect placement, or if both eyes look exactly identical. This eye look is best when it is a little messy. 

(this is my first time doing step by step photos, and I am stilling trying to figure out the best way so be nice. I aware that the pictures are a bit awkward. Hopefully next time they will get better)

No comments:

Post a Comment