Monday, December 16, 2013

Recommendation Monday!

So this is part of a new series that I am calling Recommendation Monday. Where I make recommendations on books, movies, makeup, youtubers, snacks, apps etc. Comment down below if you have any recommendations that you would like to share.

Media.
  1. Mary and Max
    • So this week I have been loving me some netflix.  I watched some really good movies in the past couple of days. My favorite was a great claymation movie called Mary and Max. It was really well done and beautiful. The art was amazing I couldn't believe the attention to detail was put into this movie. It's instant go watch it. 
  2. Tiny Tower (app)
    • This is a really cute game, where you create an apartment building. It reminds me of a less sophisticated zoo tycoon. It is 8-bit animation and just so adorable. It you like games where it takes no skill or strategy then this is the game for you. 
  3. Bloglovin (app/website) 
    • Bloglovin a website where you can have a dashboard of all your favorite blogs. It makes it really easy to stay up to date because everything is all in one place. They have an app for the iphone which I'm always on (second to tumblr). 
  4. 8tracks (app/website) 
    1. 8tracks is a free music player where you can type in a mood or a genre of music and a playlists will pop up for your listening pleasure. I think this is a great app if you have wifi and you are sick of your own itunes library. It's a perfect mix of pandora and spotify.

Products
  1. Revlon Matte Blams 
    • I have been wearing them for a few weeks and I am in love with them. So smooth and amazing color. I have two colors a rose and a purple. 
  2. Cerave Hydrating Cleanser 
    • This is my all time favorite cleanser it so gentle and never makes my skin feel tight and dry. It doesn't lather it's just a clear cream and removes makeup and dirt. You can get it at the drugstore, the best part t it is not overpriced like some drugstore cleansers. It is a great winter cleanser, I just ran out a week and ago and repurchased a new bottle. I forgot how much I loved it until I my skin started to have dry patches because of the weather. Side-note it also works as a good brusher cleanser. 
  3. 12 Hr Made to Last Eyeshadow Pencil in Continuous Almond 
    • I have been using this as a base under my eyeshadows so they have something to stick to and it works pretty well. It doesn't prevent creasing (wear a primer under) but it does give a good base and makes the colors on top of it pop. 
Food 
  1. Nature Valley Granola Thins Crispy Squares Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter 
    • These little squares are my new snack obsession. They are soooooo good. I love dark chocolate and peanut-butter it is my favorite food combination. These are great breakfast food or mid meal snack because they are only 80 calories. I literally almost ate the entire box in one sitting but, I wouldn't recommend that. 
  2. Yogi Mayan Cocoa Spice Tea
    • This is one of the rare teas that tastes as good as it smells. It is a blend of chai spices with cocoa powder. I am obsessed. It is a bitter tea so I like to put sugar (stevia) in it and milk. I recently have been paring it with hazelnut creamer and it is AMAZING. 
I hope that this blog post was interesting. Again put your own recommendation in the comments and tell me whether you would like to see another of these next monday. 

Emma 


No comments:

Post a Comment