Thursday, December 19, 2013

Costal Scents Go Palette Cairo

I ordered a bunch of stuff from coastal scents and the Go Palette which I assume is made for on the go, or travel caught my eye. It is a hard sturdy plastic palette with 12 eyeshadows. The colors are mostly warm toned with a few cool. Right up front I am going to say that I am not a huge fan of this palette and was a let down because it wasn't near the pigmentation of the Hot Pots.





Packaging
I like the packaging, sturdy would fit it a medium size makeup bag, and it has a huge mirror.

Color Selection
the palette has two highlight colors one matte, one shimmery. Two shimmery browns one bronze and the other red toned. Two sparkly blacks, a gunmetal and weird grey. A gold, and silver metallic. Two matte medium brown crease colors (or brow color). Dark matte brown and black.
When I first looked at this palette I thought it was going to be amazing for neutral looks but really all the colors are kind of similar and you can't do much with it. The selections are too similar to create any contrast in your eyes. I love the matte shadows though, they are really great. But, the shimmery ones are kind of flat.



Pigmentation
Overall medium quality pigmentation like a drugstore eyeshadow (not wet n wild). Some colors are super pigmented on your fingers but just sheer out completely on the eyes. You really got to pack on the color even with a primer. Always use a base for this palette or you will regret it. The silver shade is so pigmented and is one of the best shadows in the palette. It is a shame I most likely will never wear it. The bottom row with the matte shades all have really good pigmentation. Other wise the shimmer, and sparkle colors are very sheer.

Colors

Top Row


White, Sparkly white gold (green undertones), Dark Bronze, Grey with sparkle



Middle Row


Silver, Gold (true yellow gold), amber bronze (red undertones), gunmetal 




Bottom Row


light ash brown (matte), medium brown (matte), dark brown (matte), black (matte),



Overall this palette is very inexpensive coasts about $8.95. I still expected more from Coastal Scents I will still use it but it is just not my favorite product that I have bought from them. The colors are very warm toned and just all blend into each other too easily on my skin tone. That said that bottom row has some of the best matte shadows I have ever used. If anything this palette is worth it for the mattes and the metallic colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment