Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Pro Kit: Mac Pro Palettes and Inserts

I really have been working on my kit and I purchased some Mac Pro Palettes and inserts to really stream line my lipsticks and foundations. Cream products are great for makeup artists because you can put them in palettes instead of carrying around 30 different lipsticks tubes or 10 different foundation bottles. The process of de-potting or de-tubing is pretty messy so I didn't take any process pictures but I have re-organized all my lipsticks and foundations. I am really happy with the whole process and I wanted to share it with you guys.




The Mac Palettes are really decently priced. I looked at other brands and there palettes were 40 to 35 dollars while I spent 16 for the palette and the insert. All mac palettes are empty and then you buy inserts that click inside. There are a range of different inserts for different functions. I bought the 24 well insert and the twelve well insert for cream products. I bought two palettes, the doubled sided and the single.


For the single palette I put in the 24 well insert for my lipsticks. The wells in the 24 insert are very shallow and are for lipsticks and concealers. The reviews on the Mac website told me that they would only hold about 1/3 of a lipstick which was true. Personally this wasn't a problem for me because I was taking de-tubed lipsticks and putting them in the palette. The single palette has a clear top so you can see what goodies are inside. 





For the double palettes I put in two 12 inserts. The 12 wells are very deep and are able to fit entire NYX Mineral Stick Foundation but only a little bit of my ELF stick foundation. The process of putting foundation into the wells was so messy and the palette looks kind of gross. But this is about function not esthetic.




If you are looking to consolidate your kit or your personal collection I would definitely recommend getting these palettes. I am not sure if you can buy these in store. I purchased mine online and they came so fast all wrapped up in perfection.


No comments:

Post a Comment