Sunday, April 19, 2015

New Drugstore Cream Eyeshadows From NYC

In general my local drugstores are understocked, messy and never get new releases but I was strolling through the isles and I came across new NYC cream eyeshadows. NYC is one of the most inexpensive drugstore brands. It isn't a huge brand and I only tend to find them in CVS. I think you can get it on the West Coast but I assume it is a mainly East Coast brand.  




NYC is a total hit and miss brand. Sometimes there products are amazing like NYC sunny bronzer while other products are abysmal. The whole line of cream eyeshadows are marketed as long wearing. The eyeshadows are called City Proof 24 hr Hydrofuge. The packaging on these are lovely. There have a large tip and twist up. The cap is really secure and you have to press it down and you know it is closed when her hear an audible click. 

The Two colors that I purchased are 610 Tribeca Taupe which is a purple/grey taupe with a satin finish. Unfortunately when I opened up the stick the shadow broke. However the tube is so deep that I just popped the broken part back in and it is still usable. The consistency is a little dry but it doesn't tug on the lids. The color is build-able but in general the pigmentation isn't out of this world. By no means is it as creamy as a NYC jumbo pencil or my Jordana jumbo pencil. The color pretty much disapears on the lid once you blend it out so I like using this as a base. 





The second color that I picked up is a matte black in 635 New York at Night. This pencil is creamy and make a great eyeliner or base for a smokey eye. For eyeliner I take an angled brush and sweep it on the tip and then apply it to my eye. As line it sets in place and is long wearing. 








There are a lot more colors in the range I think I might pick a few more up. 




No comments:

Post a Comment