Sunday, April 5, 2015

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics My Tiny Collection

OCC has really blown up and I feel that 2014 was really their year. The liquid lipstick has become really popular and OCC had really lead that trend. OCC is a makeup artist brand and you can tell because of their amazing formulation and their packaging. The Lip Tars of course are their star product but I am really interested in trying out more products from their line. I have a few of their products and I wanted to share them with you.



My first purchase of OCC was of course Lip Tars. I wanted to be super adventurous and I got two really unusual colors. The texture of Lip Tars are a very thin gloss that dries matte on the lips. To be honest they are a little too watery for my taste but still pretty amazing. Because of the watery texture you have to apply these with a lip brush and I would recommend having a lipliner underneath. By no means is this an easy on the go product. If I am going to wear a Lip Tar then I want to sit down with good lighting and take my time applying. Lip Tars claim to be really long wearing but I find that to not be true. If you do any drinking or eating the color closest to the inside of your mouth will disappear. You do have to re-apply during the day which is such a hassle because you need a mirror and a lip brush.



Sebastian is a grey purple taupe that is surprisingly very flattering on the lips. With the right lipliner underneath it can take on a different undertone. I like to call this my dead mouth lipstick because when I wear it I feel like a beautiful corpse. My tips for pulling this off is to put it on top of a berry lipliner and to apply it in thin layers building your way up to an opaque finish.



Tarred is a matte black nothing special to it. This thing feathers so much you need a lipliner and you need to polish off your liners with a concealer. Tarred tends to separate into the black pigment and then this yellow oil that sits on the top. Because of the tube packaging you can't really re-mix it so when it comes out of the tube it can be a little nasty. I think that if you want black lips you want a more traditional lipstick. Tarred is such so watery and it gets messy. What I think Tarred is really great for is mixing. I will use it to darken a lipstick which is great because you can make endless colors with just two products.



My third OCC product that I have purchased is the Cosmetic Color Pencil in Black Dahlia. I bought Black Dahlia to wear under Sebastian and Tarred but the texture of the pencil is really disappointing. Cosmetic Color Pencils are made to be multifunctional so for eyes, lips and face. On the lips the pencil doesn't preform well. The product really tugs on the lips and goes on patch, if you have any dry or flakey spots on your lips the product will cling and be uneven. You could never wear this pencil alone of the lips it would look like a train wreck. I do think that this works better on the eyes because the color is even. If you are looking for a good pencil to use on your lips and eyes I would go for the NYX pencils. They are in the same format and they are a fraction of the price. The color is a straight up classic berry. This pencil costs 16 dollars .04 oz while the NYX is .04 oz for 3.50.



I think as a brand OCC is really nice because all of their products are vegan and cruelty free. But, I do feel that you can get other products for a better price. I do love the Lip Tars but I don't wear them daily. If you are interested in experiment with interesting colors and textures then I think OCC is a great choice.



No comments:

Post a Comment