Sunday, March 8, 2015

Professional Kit: Concealer

I think that concealer might be the most important item in my kit. It is so versatile. A lot of the times when I can't find the right shade of foundation I mix in a little concealer to get the right color and boost coverage. Using concealer to color correct, highlight, and contour is really what makes a makeup look from pretty to stunning.  


If you are doing your make on yourself or other people a good concealer palette that includes corrector shades is crucial. If you are on a budget you can purchase your favorite concealers and depot them into one palette. You can also buy a pre-made palette. For my kit I use MAC's concealer palettes. I purchases two of them a little a while ago and I love them. I often find myself going into my bag to use them on myself. 



For dark circles you want to use orange/peach toned concealers to cancel out blue tones. For highlighting under the eye and cheek bones a golden or yellow toned concealer is perfect. For a contour color you want to use a color darker than your skin-tone that has a neutral undertone. A contour that is too orange will look especially unnatural. 


All of the concealers are creamy and have great coverage. They're are three palettes in total light, medium and dark. I have light and dark so I can mix to create the perfect shade for all skin tones. The bottom two colors are correct shades. The left shades are NC and the right are W and NW.  


No comments:

Post a Comment