Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Luxury Powders Mark Jacobs and Hourglass

If you are going to spend some money on makeup I would suggest splurging on luxury powders. I find that face powders last a long time and are a worthy investment because they make your makeup next level gorgeous. I have been holding on to two really nice face powders for a while now and I wanted to share my thoughts on them with the internet. 



I was watching a video from Essie Button on youtube and she was raving about how much she loved her Marc Jacobs bronzer and face powder. I am not one to spend a lot of money on bronzer when there are so many good drugstore options so I went for the powder foundation instead. Marc Jacobs advertises this powder as having light reflecting properties. I don't know what ingredient would do that because this doesn't make your skin glow. I think the light reflecting refers to the satin matte finish.



First off I would like to say that this powder is bomb. It is worth the extra cash because it is simply amazing. The texture is buttery smooth, the coverage is light but build-able and the packaging is to die for. I like to use it as a setting powder, for light coverage I use a fluffy brush. But if you use a sponge this baby can be a full coverage powder. I used this powder everyday to set my makeup for months and I still have so much left. The products is really able to set your foundation and give you a matte finish without looking powdery or cakey. It is like a ramped up high end version of my Rimmel Stay Matte.I picked up this compact at Sephora for 46 dollars and you get .38 oz of product.




I like many people get pulled into to buying products because of the hype. I purchased The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder purely because the internet told me to. It took me some time and research to really understand how to use Ambient Lighting Powders but now that I have it is a staple in my makeup routine. Ambient Lighting Powders are setting powders/highlighters that give the skin a very subtle glow. They give your skin a natural radiance that isn't glittery which is why you can wear it all over your face. The powder is finely milled and so smooth it just makes your face look amazing.



All of the powders have different tones that color correct or brighten for different skin tones. I have Ethereal Light which is a cool white powder that shows up as translucent crystal on the skin. It is like an HD powder but it makes your skin glow instead of giving a matte finish. If you have oily skin you might need to set your makeup with a matte powder and then dust your face with your Ambient Lighting Powder.



This really isn't a highlighter for your cheek bones the glow is too subtle. This powder should be used all over the face instead of targeted areas. I use this powder everyday on myself and clients and I have barely made a dent. This is an expensive product but it will last you forever.

I hope that this will help you when you are looking to buy something nice for your face. As always would recommend researching expensive items before you buy them so you never waste your money.



No comments:

Post a Comment