Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Milani Moisture Matte Lipstick and Color Statement Lipliner

Again I have red my red lip obsession. If you think I have too many post about lipsticks I will tell you that you are incorrect. You can never have enough lipsticks in slightly different shades and finishes. When it comes to red lipsticks I live them to be blue toned so my teeth look whiter, darker burgundy reds and to have a matte finish. In general I hate glossy lipsticks I don't like they way they feel and they are too slippery. I want a lipstick that glides on smoothy with fully color in one swipe. 



Milani just released their new line of Color Statement Moisture Matte lipsticks. The range includes 7 lipsticks that contains nudes, pinks, purples and red. I purchased mine at CVS for 5.99 which mid price range for the drugstore. 



I picked up 67 Matte Confident which is a blue toned brick red. I went on the Milani website and they listed these lipstick as vegan which is really awesome. The packaging is really pretty, a classic lipstick tube and on the bottom is a the name of the lipstick and a colored square to represent to the color inside. Personally the lipstick I bought was safety sealed and the color on the tube was very accurate to the lipstick inside. The lipstick has a slight scent of butter-creme that disappears on your lips. I love the way it smells and actually wished it continued to smell on the lips. 



The pigmentation of the lipstick is not completely full like my Maybelline Matte lipstick but by no means is shear. With one swipe I can get pretty much full color but I do like to go over it to really pack a punch. Matte Confident glides on smoothly and feels like there is nothing on my lips. The lipstick when you apply it will have a balm feel but once it dries this lipstick does feel a little glue closest to the inside of my mouth. The color didn't crack but it did begin to feel a little uncomfortable but still totally wearable. I ate a meal with this lipstick on and when I was done most of the color was still there. This lipstick does layer on top of it self well, so you don't have to remove it to touch up.



While picking up Matte Confident I also purchased Milani's Color Statement Lipliner in 02 true red. I have purchased this liner before but I gave it to a friend. This is my holy grail lipliner. It applies creamy with full color and it comfortable enough to wear as a lipstick.


I really want to pick up more colors from this line. The quality is so amazing at an inexpensive price point. 


I would totally recommend picking up both of these products for a killer red lip. I have more posts coming about my favorite red lipsticks so be on the look out!

No comments:

Post a Comment