Thursday, February 6, 2014

Lets Be Honest About Revlon ColorStay.

So I am going to do a different blogpost where I just kind of bash a product. I know, I know, negitivity is bad. But, I just have to get this out there.

I DON'T LOVE REVLON COLORSTAY FOUNDATION


I don't like wearing it, I don't think it lasts that long, it just ain't anything special. I'm sorry, I know that I sound crazy but I just don't get the hype. People love this is foundation it is their holy grail, but it just isn't mine.


Let me break it down for you.


Texture:
It is so liquidly. It just spills out of the jar and then it just drips everywhere. I'm not a fan of a liquid that it feels heavy on the skin and clings to the skin like a mask.


Packaging:
The bottle is so annoying. You have to pour it out of this tall spout and so you never know how much your gonna get. Also you have no idea how much you have left in the bottle.


Coverage:
This might go with texture but it takes forever to blend in and it looks like fake skin. It covers in a way that it creates a mask on the skin. It just looks fake, like hey I'm wearing foundation look at me.

Staying Power.
I don't have overly oily skin and I set my foundation with powder but when I go to take off my makeup at the end of the day, no foundation is there. It just breaks down on my face and disappears.

I do like full coverage foundation, my Covergirl Outlast is my holy grail. I could use it everyday and it can go sheer, medium or full depending how to apply it. Also it has a pump so a win win! I have done half my face with Colorstay and then the other have with Outlast and Outlast wins every time. So I'm sorry I just don't get the hype around Colorstay. However I did just run out of my Outlast and I put my Colorstay in the bottle so it is easier to use.

What do you guys think. It Revlon Colorstay you crack or do you have something else that you like better? Comment below.


No comments:

Post a Comment