Thursday, February 27, 2014

Let's Be Honest About Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

So this is my matching post with my Revlon Color Stay blog post that I did a few weeks ago. If you want to check that out here is the link. While that post was a bash/hate it this is a favorite. I love the Covergirl Outlast foundation, it is my holy grail, amaze-balls foundation. The foundation claims to be a primer, concealer and a foundation all in one, hence the name 3 in 1. I was a little skeptical of a foundation with so many claims, but this one really does do it all . It has great coverage, you could just dot it on your problem areas, like around your nose, under eyes, and mouth and it will blend in like a concealer (and will last all day). You can blend it in all over your face and get flawless coverage, with out that super heavy feeling. If you have super oily skin you might want to set it with a blotting powder (or if you have a really long day) but otherwise you can't leave it on its own.  In the summer when my skin was sweaty and oily this lasted, and made my skin look so nice. I was having some really bad skin issues this summer and this totally helped me cover my blemishes and even out my skin tone. 

I no longer have my bottle, need to get a new one


The Break Down


Packaging 
The packaging for this foundation is so awesome. It is a glass bottle with a pump! Yes that it right, this foundation has a pump. The pump makes this product have no mess and allows you get to get the right amount of product. But, be careful the product comes out fast, so start with a little and then add more to the back of your hand as you go along. Worst comes to worst you have extra to really blend out on your neck and collar bone (very important for the summer months when you show a little more skin).  Also the bottle is clear so you can see how much you have left in the bottle. The only thing that I didn't like was that when you get down to the bottom it is hard to get the last bits of the product out. I had to use the straw attached on the pump, to sort of scoop out foundation, but that was only for the last couple of uses. If you really wanted to you could transfer the rest into another container, to really get every last drop out. The bottle contains 1fl of 30 ml. 


Formula
The formula is great, the consistency is a happy medium between a gel and a liquid. It is thick and doesn't slide right off your hand or face during application. This truly does cover everything but is build-able and can give lighter coverage if you apply with a beauty blender or if you dilute it with your moisturizer. I use it as my concealer then I use more as my foundation. It has an SPF of 20 so BONUS JONAS. It gives a matt to semi-matt finish depending on what type of skin you have. If you want that totally matt look, set it with a translucent powder. 


Shade Range
Like most drugstore foundations it doesn't have the most extensive shade range. It covers light, medium and a few medium to dark skins tones. If you have really dark skin then I doubt you will be able to find a nice match. The darkest color in soft sable is a milk chocolate color, so all of your dark coco girls I'm sorry but this isn't the foundation for you. Overall there are 14 shades in the collection, I personally am 810 in classic Ivory (ivory with yellow undertones). 


You can pick up this amazing product at drugstores, Target, and Walmart etc. The price varies depending on where you are but it is around the $10 mark. Overall I would give this product 5 stars! 


No comments:

Post a Comment