Thursday, February 20, 2014

Coastal Scents 12 Pan Customizable Palette (magnetic!)

So I have a Z palette but I needed more space, so I deiced to go and buy a costal scents 12 pan palette to store my eyeshadows. I also purchased a few more hot pots!








The palette it self is really well made, it is a hard sturdy black plastic with a full mirror inside. There are three rows of four pans that have a small dip to easily remove each shadow from the magnetized hole. A good palette is great for travel and is going to protect your shadows from shattering.


NEW HOTS POTS!

Top to Bottom: Incognito, Kodiak,  Mai Tai, Nude


Kodiak HP-216 (shimmer)


  • Deep and rich olive green with golden shimmer/sheen. This is a great way to introduce a wider range of colors to your neutral palette, though in the pan Kodiak looks completely green on the eyes it is more of a mossy golden brown. Perfect for a smokey eye or just in the outer V to darken up a look for night time. Like all Coastal Scents Hot Pots is it buttery smooth and amazingly pigmented. Does have minor fall out so make sure to use an eyeshadow base/primer. 

 Mai Tai HP-352 (shimmer)


  • Mai Tai is a lovely lilac color with pink and silver shimmer. In certain lights it has the ability to look like a light taupe. I was really excited for this shadow but it is a little disappointing. It doesn't have that amazing rich and highly pigmented feel as other Hot Pots that I own. Mai Tai is a little chalky and sheer, it takes a lot to build up to full color. But, even when you do it is just kind of a let down. Luckily I didn't pay too much for it, but still I expected a bit more from this color.  The Costal Scents website does state that this is a semi-opaque shadow, still I just wanted a little more color pay off. 

Nude HP-029 (satin)


  • I felt like I was missing a light champagne color in my palette and this shadow is exactly that. It is a light pinky champagne with golden shimmer. Buttery soft, perfect for an inner corner and brow bone highlight. A great color to swipe all over the lid to make your eyes pop, so effortless.
 Incognito



  • this is your run of the mill matt black that is totally opaque and amazing. It has some micro-glitter in it, but it doesn't show on the eyes. Pigmented and rich, I love it to line the eyes or to smoke out any look. It is so blendable, just a great shadow. Everyone should have a matt black shadow in their  collection and for $1.95 your not breaking the bank. 

These shadows are pretty much amazing, and the price, well you can't beat it. I would totally recommend that you pick these up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment