Thursday, January 16, 2014

Battle of the BB Creams

You might have guessed because of the title but I will be comparing two different BB Creams. Not American BB Creams but Korean BB Creams. Korean BB Creams are the real deal when it comes to light weight natural coverage foundations. BB stands for Beauty Balm because the products have added benefits in skin care that really foundations don't have. A lot of people think that BB Creams are glorified tinted moisturizers. They honestly are not Korean BB Creams have light to medium coverage and really can be used a foundation I chose to use my BB Creams any day over my Covergirl Outlast.







Babyface B.B Cream Silky by It's Skin


Packaging 

  • The packaging is a basic tube with a twist off cap. You squeeze to get product out. This is a very effective way of dispensing you never give your self too much. The tube is really small, a lot smaller than I was excepting it is just shy of 4 inches tall. The tube contains 12 M of product so a little under what an average foundation bottle contains.  The front of the bottle is in English but the back is all in Korean. 


Formula 
  • The product is really thick and creamy. It smooths over the skin making it look fresh. It has amazing coverage. I don't have many facial flaws but it will cover up my redness and a rouge pimple (I have cystic acne), and my discoloration/hyper-pigmentation. The Silky formula is made for oily/acne prone skin. I have combination so I thought this would be a good option. It also comes in Moisture for dry skin. This is the most moisturizing face product I have ever used. I can skip my moisturizer. The color selection for this product is very very small. Only a few colors in pale and super pale. So sorry darker skinned ladies this isn't for you :-(. Sometimes when I apply this I feel like it is a mask because the color is so pale, but then it settles into my skin and looks great. 

Scent
  • It has a sweet scent kind of like flowers and fresh laundry. The scent doesn't linger on your face. 

Ingredients/product claim
  • Peach Extract, Safflower Extract, Apple Extract, Lemon Balm Leaf Extract
  • SPF PA++ 36 
  • covers skin flaws naturally protects skin from UVA, makes skin smoother and blocks both from UVA and UVB 
  • (Source)
How To Apply
  • I like to apply this product with my fingers. I like to warm it up with my hands and then rub it on my face like a moisturizer. If I want a more exact application I use my Real Techniques Stippling Brush. I do like setting it with a translucent powder so it doesn't dissolve or slide off during the day. 

I purchased the product on Storenvy.com and it costed a pretty penny. It took about a month to come, and cost 17 dollars in shipping. So basically I don't know if I would be purchasing this again just due to the shipping and time that it takes to come. But, I do love the formula. 



V.S

Aqua Petit Jelly B.B by Holika Holika



Packaging 

  • The packaging for this is so cute. It is a thick glass bottle/jar with a screw off cap that had an attached tiny spatula for dispensing product. I have a decent amount of product in the jar so dispensing is easy but when I get down to the end it will definitely be a challenge. The jar has a wide opening and can fit up to a thumb (if you have small hands like me). The cap screws on tight and over all the jar is sanitary because of the spatula. The product comes with a sponge for application. It actually worked pretty well, but I disposed of it after three used because it got so dirty and gross. The jar contains 40ml. 


Formula 
  • This is not a liquid foundation it is a happy medium between a gel and a cream/paste. It is labeled as a jelly foundation, it blends into the skin like cream, and sets matte like a powder. This stuff has pretty good pigmentation light to medium. If you have little skin imperfects than this could be full coverage. The color is very yellow based and can look orange on the skin if not blended in completely. The B.B Cream comes in two colors I have number 2 Neutral, the other color in number 1 is beige. The formula is water based so if you wear an oil based moisturizer underneath the the product will just dissolve and break down (oil and water don't mix). The cream blends in nicely to the skin and makes your face look fresh and natural. It covers my redness and pimples pretty well. It gives your skin the feeling of being filled in, like their is a barrier on top. I don't wind it but it doesn't feel weightless. 

Scent
  • It smells fresh and kind of flowery. Hard to describe. The scent doesn't linger on your face. 



Ingredients/Product Claims

  • Contains over 80% cool, refreshing healthy aqua! It contains over 80% of the "healthy aqua" ingredient made of fruits that are rich in vitamins and nutrients and mineral-rich alaskan glacial water, it will help your skin appear vibrant and healthy. (source)
How To Apply
  • This BB Cream must be applied with a sponge. I like to use my Target blending sponge (Beauty Blender knock-off). Spend time blending in this product or else you will get a mask of orange. Also don't let an unblended product sit on your face for too long it dries fast. 


 I purchased it on Amazon and it I got Prime two day shipping. It came fast, but the box it came in was open. But it looked like the product hadn't been so I thought it was fine.



Side by side comparison 


It's Skin
Pigmentation: 5/5
Packaging: 4/5
Application: 5/5
Finish: 4/5


Holika Holika
Pigmentation: 5/5
Packaging: 5/5
Application: 3/5
Finish: 5/5


Overall I like both of these BB Creams and I mostly likely would re-purchased the Holika Holkia one because it is easy to get a hold of. Both are good and a little goes a long way. I hope this was helpful. I really would like to try more BB Creams I have my eye on one from Etude house and Skin 79. Have you ever tried a BB cream, any thoughts? Share them in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment