Thursday, January 23, 2014

TonyMoly Petite Bunny Gloss Bar

I have purchased a few Korean beauty products and I couldn't resist buying these little tinted glosses. The packaging alone just makes them amazing. I order all of them for amazon for Soul Korea and each of the little bunnies came a few days apart giving me some time to test each of them out. So Maybelline Color Whispers, Revlon Lip Butters, and Maybelline Baby lips lovers here comes a product right up your ally.







So these little gloss bar are a stick with a cap and you twist up the product. They for the most part  are tinted and have a smooth feeling on the lips. I find that the dark colors do stain your lips which is an added bonus. All of the gloss bars feel nice on the lips and dry comfortably for the most part (depending on how dry your lips are to begin with). It is easy to apply without a mirror, so basically perfect to throw into your bag or pocket. There are six colors in total and I have four of them.



02 Grape

  • Grape has the least pigment out of the four that I have purchased. It is a very translucent pale purple with microscopic purple and silver glitter. It just makes your lips glossy and pretty with a little added color. It smells like grape candy, scent goes away on your lips, they taste like nothing. The bunny on the tube is so cute and is making a very I don't care face! I really hoped that this would be a great dupe or maybe ever better than the Baby Lips in Grape Vine. 


05 Peach
  • peach has medium pigmentation and looks best when it is sheer on the lips. It is a pale pink with no glitter. When overly applied on uneven lips it can look kind of gross and sloppy. Just swipe this two times and you're good to go. It smells like peach gummies, very sweet and girly. A dupe for peach would be a mix of Baby Lips in Peach Kiss and the Color Whisper in Faint of Fuchsia. 

04 Cherry
  • Cherry has good pigmentation and can be built up to a light red that is very wearable. It is sheer enough that your can swipe this on without a mirror if you go slow. It has no glitter but gives your lips a nice shine with out that sparkly feeling (no one wants their lips to be a disco ball). It is a dupe for Revlon Lip Butter in Cherry Tart (which has glitter). The scent is my least favorite, like dulled down cherry medicine or candy. 
03 Apple
  • Apple is the most cheeky of the bunch because the bunny on the cap is winking! Apple has medium pigmentation and can be built up to a nice red pink. It contains no glitter and glides on the lips easily. This looks pretty bright on my lips so I only swipe about once. It is a dupe for Baby Lips in Cherry Me (more pink than red). 
(Top to bottom): Apple, Peach, Cherry, Grape!


Overall I don't think anyone needs these glossy bars. Don't get me wrong I love them, but they are hard to go a hold on. Personally I don't like ordering tons of makeup, I like going into a store if I have never used the product before. If you want these colors than their are so many American brand options for tinted lip balm/glosses. This is the kind of product you buy for the packaging. I don't think I will be buying the other two colors. But if I run out of one of them I might repurchase it. I got mine from Amazon but you can also pick them up at certain Urban Outfitters locations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment