Sunday, February 22, 2015

Pro Kit: Foundation Part 2

One of my great loves of inexpensive makeup is ELF or Eyes Lips Face. For my kit I have two types of ELF foundation. I love them both but for different reasons. Both worth being used in my kit and for anyones personal makeup collection. I don't feel guilty purchasing ELF foundations because they are so fairly priced.

ELF Moisturizing Foundation Stick


I have depotted my sticks in stackable jars and it looks really gross so I took this image from the ELF website


Texture: This is a true cream foundation thick and creamy. The coverage is medium to full and needs to be applied with a light hand. Applied in light layers this is a natural full cover foundation but if you are not careful it is heavy and cakey. The best thing about this product is that is so long wearing. It dries matte and stays put all day.

Shade Range: Like NYX it doesn't have the best shade range. The darkest color being a dark medium. There are a total of 8 shades and not all of them are equal. Some are perfect and are very versatile while others are way too pink toned.

Price: You can get this on the ELF website for 6 dollars.

Use: This is great for special events because it is so long lasting. It doesn't contain any SPF so it is also great for photos.

How to Buy: The shade Ivory is a perfect match for my skin but some of the shades are either way to orange to look natural on any skin tone, or too pink to be natural. So be careful when buying.





ELF Flawless Finish Foundation SPF 15



Texture: This is a marketed as a liquid foundation but I find the consistency to be more gel-like. The coverage is light but what makes this foundation great is that it is so build-able. You can get a full coverage face using this product if you apply it in thin blended layers. It has a satin finish and I always set it with a powder. If you have dry skin you only need to swipe one powder under your eyes, nose, chin, and forehead. 

Shade Range: Like my other ELF foundation the shade range is very limited but they are more natural looking. All of the shades are nice if you have light to a medium skin tone. 



Price: This product is 6 dollars on the ELF website. 

Use: This product has SPF so it will give flash back in photos. This can be used for film but set it with a powder and use a primer. I like this for special events because it feels light on the face but packs good coverage. 



How To Buy: I own two shades from the line the lightest and darkest. I mix the two to get anything in between. It is pretty inexpensive so you could get more shades if you really wanted to. 





No comments:

Post a Comment