Monday, February 2, 2015

Urban Decay Vice 3 Palette Swatches and All

I have an obsession with Urban Decay. It is my favorite brand and basically I am more of a collector now. I have never owned a limited edition palette so I thought that the Vice 3 palette would be a great edition to my collection. You currently can still get Vice 3 in Sephora stores and on Urban Decay's website***** may change *****.






Packaging 
The Vice 3 palette contains 20 new shades and they range from beautiful jewel tones to matte neutrals. One of the reasons why I love Urban Decay is the thought put into their packaging. As a brand they understand that for many people pretty and functional packaging is just as important as the product inside. The palette is a glossy silver with a bejeweled Vice in the center. The lid closes magnetically and is extremely sturdy. I recently took this palette on a plane in my carry on and I felt confident that none of the shadows would shatter during the trip. Once you open the palette there is a full size mirror and a double ended brush. The palette also comes in a matching makeup bag that makes it even perfecter for traveling. 

Packaging: 5/5 


Shadow break down 



Truth is a creamy matte pinky vanilla shade that has reminds of me of Strange from the Naked 3 palette but Truth is a little bit more pink. The pigmentation is great and this works as a great brow bone highlight or for all over the lid. 

Undone is a light coffee color with a matte finish. Warmer than Naked 2 but and not as warm as Limit from Naked 3. Undone has a buttery finish with very little fall out. 

Downfall is a classic mid-toned brown that is a step darker than Undone. The shadow has a is creamy and has a matte finish. This is the perfect neutral crease color not to warm and doesn't look orangey on the lids. 

DTF is a classic taupe brown with a matte finish but does contain micro-glitter that isn't visible on the lids. This shadow reminds me of Tease from the Naked 2 but has stronger purple undertones. 



Dragon is a bright kelly green with a metallic finish.

Freeze is a aqua blue with blue and white glitter.

Heroine is a deep navy blue with subtle shimmer. On the eyes though it transfers as matte.

Brokendown is a antiqued golden brown with a hint of micro glitter.

Vanity is a true sparkly deep purple.

Lucky is a yellow shimmery gold

Reign is a red toned brown with red and sliver micro glitter.

Bobby Dazzle is a shimmery shear frosty white



Alien is a powder soft frosty pink shade and is shear on the lids

Alchemy is a magenta pink with a soft metallic finish.

Bondage is a deep purple with red and sliver glitter that when applied on the lids goes to a semi-matte finish. The more this color is built up it applies more black than purple.

Sonic is a rusty metallic red.

Last Sin is a glitter filled baby pink with lots of silver glitter

Angel is a grey taupe with silver glitter. I find that this shade is very sheer and has a lot of fall out. It is beautiful in the pan but doesn't translate well on the lids.

Defy is a matte grey taupe.

Revolver is sparkly soft black multi-colored glitter.


Shadow: 4/5
Some of the shadows especially the mattes are very powdery and have a bit of fall out. Only a few of the really sparkly shades like Angel are really not very pigmented at all. However I find that all UD palettes has one or two duds the Vice 3 palette is no different.



If you can still get your hands on this palette I would say go for it. The range of shades and textures makes it great for anyone wanting to build up their shadow collection. I really appreciate the nice mix of jewel tones and neutrals. I often use this palette in my kit because it is so versatile. My only complaint is there are no good colors for the brows. I think that a palette with 20 eyeshadows should have a few that can be used in the brows. 













No comments:

Post a Comment