Sunday, February 8, 2015

My Professional Kit: Foundation Part 1 NYX Mineral Stick

I have really started to buildup and use my kit for often now that I have really dedicated my life to makeup. The hardest thing about building your kit is foundation. Everyone skin is different and that means a different foundation. When looking for a foundation for your kit you want something versatile. You need something that will work on all skin types such as dry, oily and sensitive. Not all foundations are created equal and many are very expensive. I truly believe that you don't need to spend 40 dollars on a good quality foundation. So I thought I would share my budget kit favorites. 

NYX Mineral Stick Foundation 




Texture: This foundation is great because it give good build-able cover that is easily applied because it is in a stick packaging. The product is creamy is best blended with a wet sponge. For personal use I apply it with a beauty blended but on clients I use disposable sponges.

Shade Range: I love NYX products but they don't have the largest shade range. The darkest color is warm caramel. If you need a product for ebony skin this isn't the product. But the shades that it does have are good for latin, asian and caucasian skin.



Price: This is a more pricey drugstore product I got in at Rickey's which is NYC beauty supply store for around 10 dollars. You get .21 oz of compared to most foundations that has 1 fluid once.

Use: I like to use this foundation for film and photography because it doesn't give any flash back.




How to Buy: In total their are 9 shades I would suggest getting every other or the lightest, medium, and darkest shade. You don't need all of them because they are so similar. You can always mix to get the perfect shade for your client this is also a great money saving trick. I personally own 01 fair, 05 medium beige, and 09 caramel. Another great part of this product that is works amazing as a cream highlight and contour. Just look for a shade or two lighter than your skin tone for a contour a few shades darker.



You can get this foundation on the NYX website, some drugstores, Ulta and if you live in NYC at Rickey's



No comments:

Post a Comment