Thursday, March 6, 2014

Let's Be Honest About Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation

So I needed a new sheer foundation (that wasn't a BB cream) and I decided to pick this up at the drugstore. This is a liquid foundation that is supposed to look like your wearing no making but, it still evens out your complexion while also giving you broad spectrum sunscreen protection.










Packaging
The product is in a glass bottle with a twist off cap, that clicks nicely into place. You have to pour out the product from a pretty long nozzle/bottle top ( I don't know what you would call it). Because this product doesn't have a pump, it is difficult to pour the right amount of foundation. Not a huge fan of the packaging, but it isn't too bulky or heavy for a glass bottle, which is nice. The bottle contains 1fl or 30 ml of foundation.

Formula
This is a LIQUID foundation. It is super runny and almost feels like skin colored water, with a strong scent of sunscreen. Some people love the smell of sunscreen but, I am not one of those people. The scent is really strong and I wish it wasn't. I don't really understand why its smells like sunscreen because it only has an SPF of 20. That really isn't that high, my moisturizer has an SPF of 30 and doesn't smell like that strong. This is a sheer foundation (like it is advertised) it isn't really build-able so this is a no makeup kind of day product. The foundation isn't very blend-able, I will be using my Real Techniques expert face brush and it will take forever to get rid of the streaks. Use clean fingers to apply this product. Because it is very liquidly, if you use to much it just goes everywhere and just sits on top of your face in streaks.

Finish/Lasting Power
This foundation once it sets gives you a semi-matt finish, but you MUST set it with a powder if you want it to last longer than a few hours. It is a sheer foundation so I didn't expect have great staying powder, but this just slides/melts off my skin in seconds (I have dry to combo skin).

Shade Range
There are 16 shades in total, ranging from very pale to kind of dark. Most drugstore foundations don't come in dark skin colors, which is so stupid. If you have a medium or light skin tone, you should be able to find a good match, but darker skin tones probably not. This is a sheer foundation so if the color is a little bit lighter, it might not really be noticeable on the skin. My shade is 120 Vanilla, which is the second palest color in the collection; it is an ivory with yellow undertones.


Overall I would not repurchase this foundation or recommend it. I will use it all up because I bought it but then I will tossing it out and never looking back. If you want a light/sheer foundation use a tinted moisturizer or a BB cream. This foundation retails for different prices depending on where you are and it should be around the $8-10 mark. I would rate this product a 2 out of 5 stars :-(


No comments:

Post a Comment