Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Why I Wear Makeup

I was looking through tumblr and I came across this . . .


The photo had a bunch of comments from different men saying things like this

Girls look good without makeup, they look so fake and they have bad self confidence . . . blah blah blah.

As an aspiring makeup artist I wear makeup and love makeup. I first started to wear makeup in my first year of high school because I was having some self-confidence issues. Michelle Phan's very early videos taught me everything I know about how to wear and apply makeup. I went to the drugstore and picked up Covergirl Nature Luxe foundation and I applied it with my fingers and a my mothers foundation brush. I didn't have horrible skin but, it was problematic and wearing just a light to medium coverage foundation and some mascara gave me so much more confidence. As high school went on my skin got better and I started to feel that I didn't need to wear makeup. However makeup was my shield against the world and learning about, watching videos, reading blogs and buying/experimenting with cosmetics became a great distraction when I went through phases of depression. 

I now find that wearing makeup isn't something that I need to do but, something that I want to do. Makeup is fun and creative. The application of makeup is very therapeutic for me and overall just really enjoyable. I don't think anyone should ever feel pressured to wear makeup. I think I am beautiful with and without makeup. Makeup for me a is luxury and a hobby. Also tt makes me feel a whole lot better when I conceal a huge zit

With all that in mind here are some of my favorite quotes about makeup and beauty! 

makeup can only makeup you look pretty on the outside, but it doesn't help if you're ugly on the inside. Unless you eat the makeup --Audrey Hepburn

The most beautiful makeup for a woman is passion. But cosmetics are easier to buy -- YvesSaint Laurent

Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself-- Coco Chanel

I always find beauty in things that are odd & imperfect -- they are much more interesting -- Marc Jacobs

xoxox Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment