Thursday, March 27, 2014

Lets's Be Honest About L'oreal True Match Naturale Mattifying Mineral Finish (translucent matte)

Hello again here is a review of a product that I have been putting off for months. I started using it on me and a client, then stopped using it and pushed it to the back of my collection. I was doing makeup for a wedding during October and I need a translucent setting powder, I picked up a random one from L'oreal, and boy oh boy was that a mistake. I don't hate this product but I'm not too happy with it. I bought it to set liquid and cream products and not add any coverage. The title does call it mattifying and transulcent so I thought that would be a fit.






Packaging
This powder comes in a twist of cap tub, like most loose setting powders except this one has a top that gives you a brush and then you screw the brush off to reveal the product. So it is a three part packaging, top, brush and tub with the powder. The top of the tub has a sifter, with fairly large holes so you are getting a lot of product in the little dish. The brush that is comes with is a very stout tapered kabuki. The bristles are softish, not the nicest feeling on your face, but not horrible. I personally do not use the brush because it just isn't as effective as my own personal brushes. The brush just doesn't fit into the container, you pick up way too much product and then the cap is too awkward to tap of the excess in. You end up trapping a whole lot of product in the cap when you attach it to the brush. Not a fan of the packaging, too many problems.



Formula
This product is not finely milled, it is a little big more gritty. When you do smooth it out on your skin it feels soft and nice. Because it is a bit grittier, it takes a lot of effort to evenly distribute it all over your face instead of having concentrated white spots. The powder simply isn't translucent it gives your face a white cast no matter how much blending I do. Also the powder has sparkle in it, so it doesn't give you a matte look, it just doesn't.





So overall I'm not to happy with this product, and for the price it I don't think it is worth picking up. I bought this a CVS for $15.99, just way too expensive.



So, I hope that you enjoyed reading this and that it was helpful,

Emma


No comments:

Post a Comment