Thursday, March 20, 2014

New Brushes! Costal Scents and Urban Renewal (rite aid)

So I bought two new brushes and I am a little obsessed. New brushes are always the most exciting to buy because they have so much promise of softness and perfect application. Honestly you can't have enough brushes, you just can't. I bought two brushes that I felt I need more of, a angled fluffy face brush for bronzer and blush and a duo fiber stippling brush (medium size long bristles). I have used Urban Renewal brushes before, I have their classic synthetic foundation brush and concealer brush, I really like those brushes so I have high hopes for the stippling brush. The angled brush was my first brush that I have purchased from coastal scents. It was so affordable and I have read a lot of good reviews about their brushes.


Coastal Scents BR-C-N49: Classic Angled Kabuki Stick Natural Bristles 

The brush is a densely packed angled brush with short bristles. The brush is soft and dense enough that it picks up just the right about of product and really buffs into the skin. The brushes gives a very concentrated application but, also has the ability to blend powders into the skin. The brush has a long black handle that comes to rounded point. The ferrel is sliver and is slightly pinched in at the top.  I use the brush to apply bronzer but you could definitely also use it to apply blush. It would also work as just a general face blending brush to create smooth transitions between your bronzer, blush and highlight. You can purchase this brush at CostalScents.com for $12.95. If you want to get a better deal, Coastal Scents is always having sales, so you could definitely purchase this for a discount if you check the website every few months.

Renewal (rite aid) Duo Fiber Stippling Brush 


This is your classic stippling brush with long duo fiber bristles. The brush has a lot of give to it so it gives your foundation a really light and natural look. I however have been using it to apply really a natural application of blush. The bristles are soft and there has only been shedding during the first washing. The brush washes really nicely and just feels great on the skin. If you are looking for a nice stippling brush but don't want to pay too much, this is a great option. You can get it around 7 or 8 dollars at Rite Aid and if you have rewards card you could get it on offer. 







No comments:

Post a Comment