Thursday, April 10, 2014

Avon True Color Quad Romantic Mauves

My mother has a work friend who is an Avon representative so we decided to order some makeup and try out a few products. I wanted to try out their eyeshadows and purchased a quad with some purple and pink toned shadows. I love the way purple looks with my brown eyes and I think that purples and hazy pinks are a subtle way too use more color.




The palette contains a total of four shadows three with a satin finish and the fourth is the shimmer. Overall the shadows have medium to sheer pigmentation, with quite a bit of fall out. All of these shadows need a primer and a base so they have something to hold on to. The fourth shadow is very chalky and is super sheer with big flecks of glitter.




The first shadow is a light pearly pink with a satin finish, just your run of the mill light blue toned pink. The second shadow is a pinky brown with a satin finish but also has some small glitter flecks. The third shadow is a purple brown that swatches out to be more of a deep taupe. The fourth shadow is a purple with magenta glitter but swatches very sheer.


My favorite shadow in the palette is the third shadow because it has the best pigmentation. I highly dislike the fourth shadow is just so sheer and has so much fall out. I would compare the quality of these shadows to a lower quality drug store quad, they remind me of the Covergirl quads in pigmentation and texture.



No matter how you apply these shadows you get a washed out purple eye that looks like someone punched you. The only combo that I like is to take the third shadow all over the lid, the first on as a highlight on my brown bone, and then dust the second shadow on the very center of my lid.


You can order Avon makeup on their website and pick up this palette for around 7 dollars. Hope that this was helpful!

Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment