Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Pro Kit: Blush Palette

I have been de-potting quite a few blushes to create a palette for my kit and I thought I would share it. The palette is still a work in progress but I wanted to show it any way. I personally don't like spending tons of money on blush when there are so many inexpensive and amazing blushes in the drugstores. I store all of my blushes in the large dome z-palette. I use the dome palette because it allows me to store baked blushes which are thicker than regular blushes.



I love all the blushes in the palette, I choose blushes for my kit that work on every skin tone. I tend to like matte blushes more than sparkly blushes because they have smoother textures. If I want the cheeks to have a glow I add a highlighter on top. I also have one face powder that I use as a highlighter because it is so soft and illuminating.

I haven't arranged the palette in any order I just pop them in randomly. The dome palette is pretty big so on small jobs I take out my favorites and put them in a smaller palette. Of course I have NYX blushes in my palette. I have the original powder NYX blushes which I think NYX might be discontinuing because they just released the HD blushes. I have been looking for them in stores and they have consistently been on sale. I really hope that they don't go away because they are so inexpensive and great quality

(top to bottom) Tangerine, Mauve, Dusty Rose, Bordeaux, Pinky


NYX
Mauve: Light baby pink with a matte finish.

Dusty Rose: Medium rose pink with a matte finish.

Pinky: Hot pink not really a matte finish, I think it looks more satin on the cheeks.

Terracotta: Golden peach with a satin finish.

Tangerine: Matte orange coral.

Bordeaux: Deep red brown with subtle shimmer.

Taupe: Dusty cool brown

(*I haven't photographed taupe and terracotta because they don't swatch well but they look great on the face)

I have one Miliani baked blush and it is amazing. If you are going to go pick up some new blushes to go the drugstore and get them. Both of the finishes are really amazing. The matte line is so smooth and pretty.



Milani Baked Blushes
Bella Rosa: Bright magenta with a matte finish.

I have two Nars powders they are both eyeshadows but I use them on the face. The first is a pink eyeshadow that I use as a highlighter called Nepal. The other is a eyeshadow from a duo that is a great under-eye setting powder. the last powder that I have is an avon foundation that has too much sparkle to be used all over the face, so I use it on the tops of my cheek bones.

(top to bottom) random bronzer, Avon, Nars, Nars Nepal, Bella rosa.


If you are a blush addict like me I would totally say that you should go make your own palette. I hope that this was helpful and gives you ideas for your own organization.












No comments:

Post a Comment