Thursday, May 8, 2014

Forever 21 Cream Eyeshadow Shitake Review

I made a larger order from Forever 21 for my birthday and I decided to try out some of their makeup. They have sold makeup a Forever 21 for a while now but, they recently re-did their packing and re-vamped some products. The only other product I have bought from them is a champagne shadow which I was obsessed with for about a year and only used it exclusively. I decided to purchase a cream eyeshadow that comes a pot like the Maybelline Color Tattoos.



On the Website the photo of the shadow looked like a purple/brown/silver taupe. I know that is a lot of different colors but, it seemed to have a duo-chrome effect. However when it arrived it turned out to not look like the picture at all. The shadow is more of a grey toned brown with multi-colored shimmer. In some lights it almost looks like a burgundy frost.



I was really hoping that this would have a simular formula to my Bad To The Bronze Color Tattoo but, it is a little different. The texture is very smooth and creamy but has a thinness to it. The color goes on with decent pigmentation but sheers out into nothingness when you blend it out on your lids. The shadow does set but without a primer on my lids this creased and virtually melted right off at the end of the day. I would suggest using this with a primer and putting powder shadow on top of it. 


Though the color doesn't look like the picture on the website, it still is really pretty on the eyes. I wear it all the time but it does take some work to make it look the way I want it took. I think the best way to apply it is with a synthetic brush instead of your finger.



If you are interested in picking this up you can get it in Forever 21 stores and on their website for few bucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment