Thursday, November 27, 2014

Favorite Drugstore Winter Lippies 2014 edition

I have been obsessed with lipsticks lately. I rarely ever leave the house with out a some type of lip color so I thought I would share some of my favorites with you. All of these are drugstore expect for one so everything is really affordable.
Keep reading for swatches 


All of these lipsticks are berry colors or reds because I have been really into the vampy look recently. They also range from sheer/shiny to matte/full color. 




From left to right 

Covergirl Jumbo Gloss Balm in 255 is a sheer berry color that looks super juicy on the lips. I throw this in my bag and I can apply with out a mirror. If you want purple lips but you don't want to go too bold this is a great option. 


Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in Deepest Cherry is a glossy full color lipstick in a deep berry. I see this as a red with a lot of blue and purple undertones. I do really like this lipstick but, I wish it was totally matte because it is a little hard to apply because it is so creamy and slippery. I apply this straight from the tube but I do it with a mirror and I really take my time doing it. 

Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in Burgundy Beauty is a bit more red than Deepest Cherry but, still more on the purple side. The finish is full color and is very creamy. The color isn't matte but it isn't glossy it is somewhere in-between. This color does bleed so I use a lipliner or a layer this lipstick on top of another red that is more matte (usually over my Revlon matte balm in standout). 

Revlon Matte Balm in Standout is a true blue toned red. This lipstick is my favorite out of the bunch because it applies like butter but is totally matte and has great staying powder. I can eat and drink and my lips will stay looking pretty much perfect. The twist up tube makes this really easy to apply even when you wear down the pointed pencil like tip. This is my holy grail red lipstick go get it and be amazed. 

Korres Lip Butter in Wild Rose is a sheer red/berry lip-balm that smells and feels amazing. Korres isn't a drugstore line so it is a bit more pricey but, it is so worth it. I put this on before I apply any red lipstick or I wear it all by itself. This moisturizes and I feel is worth the extra couple of bucks. 



You can get all of these lipstick at the drugstore for 6-8 dollars and the Korres lipbalm is sold at Sephora for 12-13 dollars. 









No comments:

Post a Comment